Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Osaka University, Japan.
I completed my PhD in Computer Science and Engineering, Korea University and currently attached to Graduate School of Information Science and Technology (GIST), Osaka University. I had my PhD in RFID/Ubiquitous Sensor Networks and currently I am working on IoT and cloud computing. Currently, I am working on a project in which we are using deep learning to get features from IoT traffic data to detect attacker traffic.
Describe the work that you do in your role
At Osaka University, I am working on two research projects: 1- detect anomalies in Internet of Things (IoT) traffic using deep learning, project of Nippon Telegram and Telephone (NTT), Japan 2. Optical network design in cloud environments, project of National Institute of Information and Communication Technology (NICT), Japan. I am also serving the National Institute of Technology, Nara, Japan as a Visiting Professor. Apart from mainstream teaching, I have experience of counseling and mentoring students. I am capable of teaching basic and advance IT courses.
Indicate previous experience and/or areas of career proficiency/achievenments
1. Experience: 12 year of R&D experience, with 4+ years after PhD.
2. Research: Author of over 35 research articles, experience of writing proposals, obtaining grants, and completing research projects.
3. Teaching: Experience of teaching at graduate, undergraduate and as well in the corporate sector.
4. Mentorship/Supervising: Team leader during PhD, currently supervising several Japanese and some international students. Also worked with Seoul metropolitan government, South Korea as a mentor for International students.
5. Networking: Have a strong and connected network in countries like Korea, Japan, USA, and Pakistan; especially in communities like IEEE and IEICE.
6. Editorial Services: Editor-in-chief IEEE Internet Technology Policy Newsletter, and Editorial Board Member of few International Journals, e.g., IEEE Access.
7. Membership: Senior member, IEEE. Member, IEICE, etc.
Describe your success in your professional life and achievements
Recipient of South Korean Government Scholarships for MS and PhD.
- Invited speaker at several international conferences.
- Recipient of several research, academics awards nationally and internationally.
- Mentor, Seoul International Student Forum, Seoul Metropolitan Government, South Korea.
- Founder and PResident of Pakistan Student Association, South Korea
Write your activities and achievement if you were member of any club or society in UMT?
- Member of ILM Cricket Team.
- Member, Leaders Forum.
What do you remember about your time in ILM / IMT /UMT?