The Coca-Cola Company
The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands. Led by Coca-Cola, the world’s most valuable brand, our Company’s portfolio features 15 billion dollar brands including Diet Coke, Fanta, Sprite, Coca-Cola Zero, vitamin water, PowerAde, Minute Maid, Simply, Georgia and Del Valle. Globally, we are the No. 1 provider of sparkling beverages, ready-to-drink coffees, and juices and juice drinks. Through the world’s largest beverage distribution system, consumers in more than 200 countries enjoy our beverages at a rate of 1.8 billion servings a day. With an enduring commitment to building sustainable communities, our Company is focused on initiatives that reduce our environmental footprint, support active, healthy living, create a safe, inclusive work environment for our associates, and enhance the economic development of the communities where we operate. Together with our bottling partners, we rank among the world’s top 10 private employers with more than 700,000 system employees.
Coca-Cola Içecek A.S
Coca-Cola Içecek A.S. is an anchor bottler and a part of the Coca-Cola System. It is 50.3% owned by Anadolu Efes S.K., 20% owned by the Coca-Cola Company, 4% owned by Özgörkey Holding, and the remaining 25.6% publicly traded on the Turkish stock exchanges . It is the 6th largest bottler in the Coca-Cola System in terms of sales volume. The company is headquartered in Istanbul. The company is the bottler of Coca-Cola products in Azerbaijan, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Syria, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Jordan, as well as its home country of Turkey.
Coca-Cola Beverages Pakistan Limited
As a part of its drive to enhance the quality, availability, and image of Coca-Cola products, the Coca-Cola Company established a new Company in Pakistan in 1996, by the name of Coca-Cola Beverages Pakistan Limited (CCBPL). CCBL started the process of acquiring and investing in locally franchised bottling operations. This process was completed in 2006 and, thereafter, all manufacturing and selling rights of Coca-Cola products are now with Coca-Cola Beverages Pakistan Limited. CCBPL is a significant player in the growth of Pakistan's economy. This is quite obvious through the following facts:
• CCBPL is one of the country's top foreign direct investments in FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) business
• CCBPL is one of the major tax paying beverages company of Pakistan
• CCBPL directly employs more than 3,000 local people in Pakistan
• CCBPL creates indirect employment for more than 50,000 people in related industries through its vast procurement, supply & distribution system
• CCBPL runs many programs to support the social set up of the people of Pakistan
Describe the work that you do in your role
The role involves transport management, inventory management, warehouse development, KPI monitoring, business planning reporting and analysis, headcount management, and health safety and environment implementation to name a few. Below is detail
• To provide first line support to Warehouse Manager in managing & supervising warehouse operations at Lahore.
• In line with Sales Trend, and Buying, coordinating and supporting Warehouse Managers for stock transfer activity of FG & RM.
• Have liaison with teams upward for reporting & planning, downward for implementation & information processing, and with peers for coordination.
• To ensure counting and re-conciliation of all filled stocks produced / received from other plants as well.
• To support warehouse manager to meet business KPI’s related to Warehouse operations.
• To effectively control product losses/damages (wastages) & Shortages as per set standards during product (FG & RM) storage/handling
• To ensure maximum space utilization by using best warehouse practices and product stacking.
• To ensure efficient utilization of allocated head count resources at plant / sales center warehouse.
• To ensure implementation of FEFO / FIFO in all warehouse locations of the territory.
• To develop methods / SOP’s to control filled stock wastages inside the warehouse.
• To ensure execution of business strategies built in territory’s business Plan for the year.
• Effective management of fork-lift trucks and haulage vehicles utilization to reduce freight cost.
• To ensure SAP / BASIS updating and reconciliation on regular basis.
• To ensure housekeeping of liquid / empty and other operational areas of the warehouse.
• To manage shift operation as per business requirements during peak / off season.
• To ensure HSE standards and best warehouse practices in warehouse operation
• To ensure smooth production operation in serving sound empties, Raw Material, wooden pallets and other materials as per requirements.
• To ensure daily, weekly and monthly reports to concern at territory and head office supply chain representatives.
Indicate previous experience and/or areas of career proficiency/achievenments
I started my carrier at Engro Foods Limited as an intern in Supply Chain function and moved to the position of Warehouse Officer. During my 6 year stay in the organization, I learned to manage raw material warehouse, general store, finished goods warehouse, packaging store, and chemicals warehouse. I also worked there as Logistics Officer and learned route planning, stock replenishment, and fleet management to name a few.
Describe your success in your professional life and achievements
Right from scratch to a Supply Chain Professional, the journey was full of untiring efforts. During the course of last 10 years of professional working, I not only focused on my career alignment but also kept focusing on enriching academic capabilities. This lead towards success for me in my way.
Write your activities and achievement if you were member of any club or society in UMT?
What do you remember about your time in ILM / IMT /UMT?
UMT has always been a source of motivation for me. After graduating from this school I have self confidence to challenge the world and make my impression.