National Engineering Services Pakistan (Pvt) Limited (NESPAK) is Pakistan’s premier consultancy organization. Its international stature is well established and it enjoys the reputation of being one of the top engineering consultancy organizations in Asia and Africa and is ranked amongst the world’s top 200 consulting firms.
NESPAK was established in 1973 as a private limited company by the Government of Pakistan. The objective of its creation was to create a pool of talented engineers, attain self-reliance in engineering consultancy and replace foreign consultants. The company has achieved these objectives to a large extent.
NESPAK is registered with a number of international funding agencies such as IBRD, ADB, IDB, etc. Todate NESPAK has undertaken 3532 projects out of which 3021 are domestic and 511 are overseas projects located in Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh,Benin, Cameroon, Chad, Comoros Island, Dominica, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Iran, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Libya, Nepal, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, Turkmenistan, U.A.E, Uzbekistan, Yemen.
The cumulative cost of the projects undertaken by NESPAK is US $ 230 billion.
The Company’s success lies in the hard work of its highly skilled employees and commitment to quality in every facet of its operation. It was this commitment that led it to become the first engineering consultancy organization in Pakistan to obtain ISO 9001 QMS certification in 1998. Another landmark has been achieved by NESPAK in its endeavors towards quality, through conversion of the existing ISO 9001 Quality Management System to the latest version of the standard viz. ISO 9001:2000 and subsequent award of Evergreen Certificates in December 2003.
Describe the work that you do in your role
1) Planning and Designing of pumping stations and Water treatment plant, including cable sizing, transformer sizing, DG set sizing, Breakers Sizing, performing all related calculations.
2) Planning and Design of indoor and outdoor illumination etc.
Worked on detail design including illumination of different Roads, Flyovers, Underpasses and Slips roads based on latest CIE Standards including ISO contours.
3) Planning, Designing & Site supervision of Worked on detail design including illumination of different Roads, Flyovers, Underpasses and Slips roads based on latest Standard. The scope of services included preparation of PC-1 Preformed or Tender/Construction level, establishment of Design Criteria, illumination of multiple interchanges, flyovers and approved and slip roads and Underpasses. Design of motor control centers for pump stations, cable and transformers sizing, selection of standby diesel generator sets, preparation of Bill of Quantities, Engineer’s Cost Estimate, Unite Rate Analysis, Specification and Tender Drawings for Road network and Underpasses. Also works on approval of all Electrical Equipment during construction phase and ensured quality of works through various site visits, as and when require. Further, also been involved in construction supervision. Construction supervision involved following activities:
•Checking of electrical layout (conduiting)/wiring as per approved drawings.
•Checking the quality of LT Panels, distribution boards, Cables, PVC pipes and different type of Electric Fixture as per NESPAK specifications/approved manufacturers list.
•Supervising/checking the earthing and lightening protection systems in different sites.
•Major testing of HT/LT cables according to BS & IEC Standards.
•Checking of fire alarm, Public address system layout (conduiting) / wiring as per approved drawings.
•Responsible for checking of Interim Payment Certificate (IPC) (electrical items) of contractor.
•Prepared the punch lists of electrical items.
•Responsible for maintaining the proper record of (IPC, Electrical testing, Site memo, Daily progress reports).
Indicate previous experience and/or areas of career proficiency/achievenments
• Load calculation for Cooling Tower Motor’s Panels and Starter
• Follow the Sketches/Drawings, Circuit Diagrams, Electrical Specification & Legends/Codes to determine Wiring Layout for new or existing installation.
• LV Equipments (AC & DC) Panels, Battery Banks, Generators etc.
• Installation of LED Street Lights
• Optical Fiber (Telecom foundation Training Institute Lahore)
• WLL (Wireless Local Loop) (Telecom foundation Training Institute Lahore)
• AutoCAD (Pakistan Industrial Technical Assistance Center)
• PLC (Pakistan Industrial Technical Assistance Center)
• Instrumentation and Process Control (Pakistan Industrial Technical Assistance Center)
• SCADA (National University of Science and Technology)
Describe your success in your professional life and achievements
1) I am a member of a team who design the first METRO BUS PROJECT in Lahore.
2) Working as a designer and Resident Engineer at Metro Bus Project Rawalpindi / Islamabad
3) Designer of Road Lighting arrangement and convert all Conventional road lights in to Energy Efficient LED road lights
4) Working as a design engineer in all Mega Projects in Punjab From 2012 to to dated.
Write your activities and achievement if you were member of any club or society in UMT?
I was not a member of any society and club in UMT
What do you remember about your time in ILM / IMT /UMT?