Institute of Tourism & Hotel Management is the government chartered pioneer institute providing quality education in the fields of Hotel Management, Chef Training, Travel, Tourism and Airline Management. ITHM was established by the Tourism Development Corporation of Punjab (TDCP) in the year 1988.
ITHM in collaboration with its international Global Academic Partners; Australia, America, England, France & Europe offer you unique programs taught by highly qualified, dedicated local & international faculty from the industry.
ITHM is having the International Affiliations with
o International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP) USA,
o City & Guilds (UK),
o Alliance Francaise, European Hotel & Tourism Schools,
o Northern Melbourne Institute of TAFE (Australia)
Describe the work that you do in your role
--- Head of the career placement cell & procurement department.
--- Head of the research and development wing
--- Faculty member of case study analysis and research project.
--- Project Manager of Prime Minister Youth Skill Development Program
and Punjab Skill Development Fund 2014-15.
- Managing international affiliations with foreign universities and bodies
- Organizing several training sessions and seminars for students as well
- Coordination with government and local authorities.
- Research and Development regarding Hospitality and developing new
“Professional training development programs”.
- Organizing different tours, events and outside campus exercises for the
- Managing procurement & its cost for school of culinary arts from hyper
- To monitor and control the administrative activities on daily basis.
- Formalized the computerized record of all batches.
- Schedule the academic calendar and examinations of different batches of School of Culinary Arts and School of Hospitality Management.
- To manage and review the performance of front desk officers.
Indicate previous experience and/or areas of career proficiency/achievenments
- Teacher Assistant at University of Management and Technology.
- Procurement and Planning Officer at Strongman Medical Industries.
- Overall Batch Topper of MBA at UMT.
- Dean Merit Award Holder.
Describe your success in your professional life and achievements
- I am responsible for the Research and Development in the field of Hospitality Management.
- UMT trained me so well that I managed so many events efficiently at ITHM like International Chef day, World Tourism Day and many more.
- Public dealings
Write your activities and achievement if you were member of any club or society in UMT?
- Member of Center for Supply Chain. Organized different seminars on supply chain strategies.
What do you remember about your time in ILM / IMT /UMT?
It was really an awesome learning experience at University of Management and Technology. Today what I am is only because of UMT. May GOD bless all my teachers and this institute.