Information Processing Center (IPC) at UMT provides state-of-the-art facilities. IPC accommodates more than 6000 participants and serves 1800-2000 participants daily. Its standards meet the international requirements of highly advanced IT equipment and services including 286 Intel® Core™ i5 Systems, 130 Intel® Core™ i3 Systems, 4 computer classrooms with 42 PCs each, 2 HP 9050 laser printers, 14 Mbps CIR Internet bandwidth, color printers, and scanners and CD/DVD writers.
Describe the work that you do in your role
Technically sound in Linux and database administration
* Good knowledge on Servers, VMware and Oracle VirtualBox
* Good project management skills
* Good customer service orientation
* Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
* Ability to learn new technologies
Indicate previous experience and/or areas of career proficiency/achievenments
Experience of Configuration, Management, and Troubleshooting of Network devices
* Linux: Installation and management of Mail Server, Samba, NIS, Squid, FTP
* Windows 2k, 2k3 Servers and ISA Server Administration
* Managing Web Server, FTP Server, MS SQL Server 2k, Print Server
* Install and Configure Wireless LAN
* Basic Cisco Routers and Switches Configurations
Describe your success in your professional life and achievements
Attended Sun Solaris 10 Intermediate System Administration Training Workshop (20th Feb 2008 – 23rd Feb 2008) NUST Institute of Information Technology (NIIT)
Write your activities and achievement if you were member of any club or society in UMT?
Managing and ensuring effectiveness of servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers, and their associated operating systems and software.
* Managing and ensuring optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, UPSs, and so on.
* Working with consultants in designing networks for labs, schools and the WAN
* Working with LAN and WAN vendors to identify and solve problems of any school networks and the WAN.
* Implementing and maintaining network security so that business, student data, and communications are secure
What do you remember about your time in ILM / IMT /UMT?
Still in UMT