Salman Bin Abdulaziz University or the University of Al-Kharj, was named after a Saudi University and is located in the city of Al-Kharj, Saudi Arabia. It is under the supervision of the Ministry of Higher Education Saudi Arabia and managed by the University, Dr. Abdul Rahman bin Mohammed Asmy.
Through backing some distinct activities of learning, education and scientific research, and in lights of the Islamic teachings and values, SAU is taking care of knowledge, creativity, moral values of female and male students, and faculty staff members; so as to enable them in furnishing their leadership skills and be capable of serving the homeland. The university is, also, highly motivated in achieving the precious balance between Islamic lines and academic excellence in order to contribute strongly and mostly in building knowledge and science society.
Info URL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salman_bin_Abdulaziz_University
Describe the work that you do in your role
1) Responsible to a Chair or other appropriate administrator of university.
2) Responsible for teaching, research, service, and related administrative activities.
3) Responsible for academic advising.
4) Represent the university, college/school, and department/unit on university and Statewide committees.
5) Head of quality of education assurance of Information System Department
Indicate previous experience and/or areas of career proficiency/achievenments
1) Research Associate (Ajou University, South Korea)
2) Assistant Professor, College of Computer and Information Science, Imam Mohammad ibn Saud University, Saudi Arabia
Describe your success in your professional life and achievements
1) Graduate Scholarship, Ajou University
2) Institute for Information Technology Advancement (IITA) Scholarship
3) Korea Science and Engineering Foundation (KOSEF) Scholarship
4) Research Paper “A Comprehensive Categorization of DDoS Attack and DDoS Defense Techniques” published in The 2nd International Conference on Advanced Data Mining and Applications, August 14-16 2006, Xi’An, China was invited to publish in LANI/LNCS
5) Usman Tariq, (2011), Security Cottage: a Secure Environment for IEEE 802.15.4 Devices, ISBN # 978-1456442705
6) Distinguished Alumni Leadership Award, University of Management and Technology, 2012
Write your activities and achievement if you were member of any club or society in UMT?
What do you remember about your time in ILM / IMT /UMT?