Siemens Pakistan Engg. Co. Ltd. No. 1 engineering company in Pakistan. Doing its business in energy, industry and health care sectors.
I am working with Industry Sectors' Industrial Automation & Drive Technologies Department. We are dealing in Diesel Generating Sets, Imported and Locally manufactured MV and LV motors. Automations System, Sensors and Communication, L V Switchgear Products, UPS, Mechanical Drives, Large Drives etc.
Describe the work that you do in your role
Currently working as Manager (Branch Commercial Head) Business Administration,
Sector Industry, Divisions Industrial Automation / Drives Technology, Lahore Branch.
JOB RESPONSIBILITES – REPORTING FOR BRANCH TO DIVISIONAL DIRECTOR
• Monitoring and controlling of progress of overall budgeted targets of KPI’s (new orders, sales and profitability etc.) and provision of timely feedback to Divisional Management & Business Unit Management. Proposing preventive / remedial measures.
• Compliances with legal, financial and company guidelines and policies.
• Making Business Strategies along with Head of the Branch.
• Handling dealership business. Besides routine commercial activities, complete involvement in
Sales activities along with Sales Head.
• Cash flow management through strict monitoring of inventories, receivables, advances and payables. Cost controlling.
• Building and maintenance of strong business relations with current and prospective clients.
• Close and regular liaison with Siemens Germany and other European and American Companies for Material Management/Sales/logistics/After Sales Services/Financial issues.
• Develop the Customer Strategy; lead the profitable development of customer accounts through identifying and developing effective relationships with key contacts, and developing in-depth understanding of Customers’ problems and influencing strategy accordingly.
• Organize internal business reviews, monitor and lead periodic Business reviews with the customer to achieve a common understanding of service expectations and solutions both with the Customer and the company.
• Commercial evaluation and business viability of sales offers, tenders and order execution.
• Negotiations at top level with Customer decision makers for contracts.
• Handling Risk & Opportunity management system for the Branch.
• Support Head of Department in his Key Account Management Responsibilities.
• Monitoring / Analysis of overheads costs, Execution of Sales Orders
• Procurement against Sales Orders, Maintaining of orders cost, Recovery of Receivables.
• Co-ordination with finance department for issuance of bank guarantees and TSD.
Indicate previous experience and/or areas of career proficiency/achievenments
Became responsible of the department on the grounds of hard work and out of box thinking!
Describe your success in your professional life and achievements
• 2008-2009--As Business Administrator, successfully executed Pak Rupees 500 Million project for Supply and Eriction of 134 Nos. Generators to WASA LDA Lahore for its Tube Well and Disposal Stations in Lahore.
• 2008-2009--As Business Administrator, handling of Pak Rupees 170 Million project for Restoration of Signaling Systems at Karachi for Pakistan Railways (POC order).
• 2000-2001--As part of Business Administration team, successfully executed Pak Rupees 109 Million project for Supply and Eriction of 34Nos.Generators to Pakistan Railways for its trains.
Compliance - SOA - Social connections -Understanding of market dynamics and competitor activities-Front/Middle office sales operations and processes
HANDS ON EXPERIENCE OF
System Application Products in Data Processing (SAP)
Sales & Distribution Module, Material Management Module, Customer Services Module
Nominated as a “Member of Spiridon Team” for the Business Unit for data migration
Received award for “Best Branch in Terms of Receivables” for Business Year 2007/2008.
Write your activities and achievement if you were member of any club or society in UMT?
Close relationship with new members and transfer of professional knowlege to them as required. Shall try to enhance UMT image in industry.
What do you remember about your time in ILM / IMT /UMT?
Great place to learn and make yourself groomed! Had a very rich experience of knowlege sharing during my MBA at UMT. Still remember the exellent kind of faculty available at UMT. Can't forget the professional way of education and no doubt, most importantly, culture of the campurs! Good luck UMT.