Working in one of the largest and successful telecom in Gulf region - Etisalat UAE as Product Marketing - Specialist Business Segment.
A highly skilled Product Manager and GSM business systems solutions specialist with extensive business/product development expertise, detailed technical knowledge and proven ability to make viable contributions at senior business management level. Fully conversant with industry standards and best of breed practices through the full product development, product lifecycle, with a consistent track record in delivering innovative, cost effective strategic solutions. Strong people skills, with proven ability to build successful, cohesive teams and interact well with individuals across all levels of the business. Committed to promoting the ongoing business development skills across an organisation.
• Developing new GSM products and solutions for Enterprise customers.
• Responsible for designing and developing Mobile voice bundled packages for Business customers
• Responsible for annual revenue generated by Business mobile customers.
• Designing and developing customized solutions for Business customers as per their requirements.
• Responsible for loyalty and retention projects initiated for Enterprise customers.
• Conduct GAP analysis for service/produce development/enhancement; convert findings into workable solutions and strategise in all marketing plans.
• Project Manager for MNP for Enterprise customers.
• Financial analysis of new and existing services.
• Project management and post product launch lifecycle management.
• Training of Sales team and contact centre.
• VOIP project manager for Enterprise customer.
I worked for 4 years in Warid Telecom-Paksitan as Data & messaging Product Manager for Enterprise customers.
• Key Speaker on “How SMS can increase revenue” at – Global Messaging Conference 2009 held in London –UK
• Key Speaker on “Elaborating on Non-P2P Messaging Services for a Developing Market and Panellist on Mobile Marketing Strategies to Drive Mass adoption of Mobile Email Services” at Mobile Entertainment - Messaging Asia Conference 2007 held in Singapore (Suntec Exhibition Centre).
• Attended Prof. Philip Kotler’s workshop on Holistic Marketing Paradigm.
• Attended Effective Marketing and Management Skills courses.
• Microsoft Tech.Ed in Canberra -Australia, 2004.
Describe your success in your professional life and achievements
• Experienced product manager for voice, sms / mms and data solutions for Business segment.
• Developed and implemented churn management strategy, working closely with senior management to board level.
• Managed numerous high profile products / projects through the full lifecycle, including vendor selection, requirements gathering, detailed specifications, business case, financial analysis, project planning, resource management, implementation, testing and beyond.
• Competent business manager with formalised techniques for staff performance management and problem solving.
• Translate customer needs into Product Requirements Documents (PRD) with associated business case, impact analysis, competitive analysis, and financial forecasts.
• Functional and Cross Functional Project planning in order to deliver the desired product.
• Development of Responsibility Matrix and Project Plans in conjunction with business and technical teams for the products to be delivered.
• Timeline development and monitoring in order to ensure timely completion of the project.
• Identify how Systems Management solutions can be implemented with other solutions and work with the other Product Management teams to get the needed features added to the Product Requirements Documents.
• Maintain current, up-to-date knowledge of other regional operators, industry needs, competitive products and strategies, customer needs, and overall technology trends for continued product/service evolution and new product/service planning.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with analysts and understand where the industry is going and how to leverage trends.
• Vendor’s selection, evaluation and negotiations in terms of functionality and commercial aspects.
• Determining the scope, price, promotion and branding of products/services offered.
• Training of Customer Services and Corporate Sales division on new product features.
• Managing product life cycle and giving full post-launch support.
• Proven ability to develop and manage successful 3rd party relationships, including suppliers and contractors etc.
What do you remember about your time in ILM / IMT /UMT?
Great Institution which taught me how to handle pressures in corporate environment. Helped me in fine tunning my interpersonal and presentation skills.
ILM (it was called at our time) has achieved lot of success and recognition in recent years and in can very proudly say that i was part of this instituion.