Warid Telecom is a joint venture between Abu Dhabi Group & SingTel Group. Abu Dhabi Group entered into a strategic alliance with Singapore Telecom. Subsequent to this transaction in July 2007, telecom giant SingTel acquired 30% percent equity stake in Warid Telecom, Pakistan, for US$758 million. This partnership is part of a strategy to support Warid Telecom’s continued growth and to enhance its market position.
Abu Dhabi Group, one of the largest business groups in the Middle East and the single largest foreign investor in Pakistan. It has diversified business interests, offering strong financial resources and extensive management expertise that result in commercial success for several institutions.
SingTel’s investment in mobile operations include, Advanced Info Service (AIS) –Thailand, (21.4%), Bharti Telecom Group – India (30.5%), Optus Telecom – Australia (100%), Globe Telecom – Philippines (44.5%), Pacific Bangladesh Telecom (PBTL) - Bangladesh (45%), Telkomsel – Indonesia (35%) and Warid Telecom – Pakistan (30%).
Describe the work that you do in your role
As AM Training I am responsible of the following:
* Assist the training Department in identifying training and development needs of employees throughout the organization using a variety of methods including training needs analysis, surveys, recruitment and induction processes, end of probation reviews and performance assessments
* Play a lead role in conducting nationwide orientation sessions for new hires.
* Assist the Training Manger in the development of prudent and effective In - House Training sessions.
* Keep up-to-date on the best Industry practices, Development innovations in Training so that the Organization’s Training Initiatives remain relevant and current.
* Assist the Training Manager in the Organization’s Learning Initiatives which will ensure better productivity and results in terms of Performance.
* Maintain and analyze organizational and individual training records in order to monitor the effectiveness of internal or external training programs in terms of training hours per employee, training cost per employee, and ROI.
* Effective liaison with training and accreditation bodies, agencies and providers of learning initiatives to ensure meeting of training needs efficiently.
* Work closely with relevant departments to organize training venues, logistics, transport, accommodation as required to achieve efficient training attendance and delivery.
Indicate previous experience and/or areas of career proficiency/achievenments
HR Operations and Services, Event Management, IT Projects
* Nominated Outstanding Employee of Warid from HR Department for the quarter Oct to Dec-09
* Appreciation for Conducting Warid Supports Gala, Waird, Lahore, 2008
* Appreciation for dedication, commitment, concern and actions to assist in the well being of a fellow colleague under an emergency situation. Warid, Lahore, August 2008
* Appreciation for dedication and commitment towards the job under the unavoidable circumstances (Benazir Assassination Incident), Warid, Lahore, Jan 2008
* AHMED DAWOOD GOLD MEDAL with a Cash Reward of PKR 100K (Highest Educational Award of University of Management and Technology), UMT, Lahore, Pakistan, 2008
* Patron’s Medal in MBA Professional, UMT, Lahore, Pakistan, 2008
* Rector’s Fellow Ship Award for 4.0/4.0 GPA in Spring semester of 2006. UMT, Lahore, Pakistan
* Rector’s Fellow Ship Award for 4.0/4.0 GPA in Spring semester of 2005. UMT, Lahore, Pakistan
* Rector’s Fellow Ship Award for 4.0/4.0 GPA in Fall semester of 2005. UMT, Lahore, Pakistan
* Adjudged the PUNJAB TECH’03 quiz competition as Data Communication and Networking Specialist, PUNJAB TECH 2003, PCIT, Lahore, 2003
* Dean’s Honor List, UMT, Lahore, Pakistan, 2004
* Appreciation Award, Leadership Award Ceremony, UMT, Lahore, Pakistan, 2002
* Dean’s Honor List, UMT, Lahore, Pakistan, 2001
Describe your success in your professional life and achievements
Write your activities and achievement if you were member of any club or society in UMT?
What do you remember about your time in ILM / IMT /UMT?
I have seen the university grow from ILM to IMT and then UMT and from rented campuses in Garden Town to its own purpose built campus in Johar Town. But one thing that has been consistent is good resource persons tough and tough assignments, projects and presentation dead lines. Which enabled us to take pressures in practical life!